Monday 22 July 2013

Paris

I have always wanted to go to Paris. To see the sights, to eat the macaroons, to watch the people. Hat has to be on of my favourite past times. People watching, I think that is what I enjoyed the most about the idea development side of film making. The change to watch people and see how we all react differently to situations. I used to love sitting in the window of a coffee shop 2 minutes from my University that was on a busy shopping street. I would watch as people went by thinking about what their name cold be, where they lived, did they have children or a partner, one parent or two, what did they do for a living. It was fascinating. It's amazing how much you learn about yourself watching other people.

Fuzzy Photo courtesy of my Aunty Ruth

I'm off to Paris with my 2nd cousin. We have been friends as well as family since we were born, there is only two months age difference between us. We went to nursery together, school together we even moved to a different school and still stayed friends. I have a little sister I love to the moon and back, I would tell her anything but there is something nice about having someone you are really close too that is more than just a friend and that is at the same stage of life as you.

With that bond and our 21st birthdays just behind us we are heading to Paris to celebrate and have a break.

I am on the plane now. After a less than smooth trip through security - granted it could have been worse. We are in the air and off to Paris.

I don't think I have been as excited about a trip in my entire life. I hope the weather isn't as bad as it says it's going to be and we get some dry days to go out and explore with out coming home like drowned rats.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment