Thursday 25 July 2013

Paris Part 2

Well I would have blogged while I was in Paris but I just didn't have time! Annie and I made the most of every second. Some of which was spend tending to our horrendously sore feet after walking the length of Paris!

We arrived on the Monday, suitcases in hand and had to pace through the streets of Paris to find our apartment. The metro that we had to catch didn't seem to be there. Who knows maybe it was like Harry Potter. It was so warm! My feet were burning and I needed a drink of water. Even with all that we were so excited to get to our apartment and check it out that we powered on and finally reached it.

Wow! More than I could have asked for look at the view!

 

Ok the view is nothing to most but that is shops and lots of them. They were down every street we were right on a cross road. Every road led to more shops.

We spent day two sightseeing, catching in the parks, Rodin museum and lots lots more. To end the night we went to the Eiffel Tower in the evening. We got the Bato Bus from our end of the Seine - near Notre Dame and got to see all of the Seine all the way to the Eiffel Tower. it was beautiful and I was so pleased to finally say I had been there.

 

We even managed to ask a passing couple to get a picture of us with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

Day 3 was The Louvre day. we had got museum passes on day one when the queue at the museum we were at was short. It meant that we could jump the queues at any other museum and get straight in. It was great. we were in the louvre looking round the paintings in 10 minutes of arriving and most of that was spend trying to get down the escalator.

The afternoon of day 3 was shopping time. We had been looking at all the shops while walking to the sights and were more than ready to have a look around and treat ourselves. Annie had seen a dress in a window of a shop just down the street so we headed there to start and the tables turned. The dress Annie had fallen in love with just wasn't right but I fell in love with a collection in the shop and got talking to the sales assistant. it turned out she was the designer of the collection and was working int he shop to have her collection there. All the designers in the shop did the same thing. I couldn't help but treat myself to an item from the collection though given the money and the space in my case I would have taken the lot! Karine Jean. Her clothes are simple yet on trend. A very wearable collection with a mix of textures and patterns.

We had seen the parisians doing it so we couldn't resist. Day 3 night was spend was a bottle of wine by the Seine. Reviewing our trip and all that we had got up too. I couldn't have asked to go to Paris for the first time with anyone better. My cousin is not only a best friend she is also a great shopping pal and tour and art guide!

Day 4 was panic day. We needed to do all the things we hadn't fitted in. So it was shops, presents and crepes!

We got back the airport got our macaroons for our families and got to the flight on time! I never thought we would make it but we did!

It was knackering. But also the best trip of my life. What a great way to bring my 21st to an end.

xox

 

No comments:

Post a Comment